Salt scrubs have become really popular among beauty-conscious people and are available at lots of retail outlets and spas. Luxurious spa treatments and beauty sessions use these scrubs to bring out younger-looking skin.
Body scrubs are made from bath salts or salts obtained from The Dead Sea or the Himalayas. People using salt scrubs are able to revive healthier skin because of the many benefits they provide.
Salt Scrub Benefits
- Use of salt scrubs results in exfoliation of dead skin cells that form the upper layer of the skin and they remove that dull and dry look to the skin. Aging causes thickening of the dead skin layer. Salt scrubs exfoliate this layer and bring out layers of younger-looking skin.
- They improve blood circulation in the skin. Increased blood flow regenerates skin cells and gives a natural glow to the skin.
- Salt scrubs are known to have antiseptic properties. They are capable of killing skin infection-causing bacteria thereby, relieving pain, inflammation and itching associated with the infection.
- Scrubbing opens clogged pores that later turn out as skin eruptions. Salt scrubs can be used to prevent acne formation on acne-prone skin, and minimize the formation of acne in people suffering from it.
- Exfoliation promotes growth of new healthy cells. New cells that are generated tighten the skin surface and reduce wrinkles.
- Problems like skin discoloration and uneven skin tone are also benefited by use of salt scrubs. Skin problems like eczema and psoriasis can be treated using these scrubs.
- Oils incorporated in the salt scrub, polish the skin by minimizing the abrasive effect of scrubbing and moisturizing the skin.
- Massaging with a scrub containing essential oils not only improves the quality of skin, but also provides relaxation.
- Lastly, one of the most important benefits of salt scrubs is that they are 100% natural.
So, what’s the worst advice we’ve ever heard about using them?
Whatever you do, do NOT use a salt scrub immediately AFTER shaving any area of the body! Yes, we’ve had it recommended and, well, it BURNS! The pores are opened up from shaving and you’ve just subjected your skin to a little cutting fest. Trust me, don’t do this! Otherwise, salt scrubs are great to use just about any other time!
As always, they are great for runners, or anyone with dry feet – but you have to be very careful in the shower as the scrubs do contain oils to restore moisture to the skin.